Sunday, October 28, 2012

Breaking my rules

I really, really hate almost all processed foods.What they're doing to American health is criminal. But with off-the-chart cholesterol, even though I'm not overweight, and a habit of grabbing for cheese, I sometimes do steam/fry a few Ling Ling frozen potstickers from Costco for a quick lunch snack. They come with little packets of dipping sauce that I find too salty, so I make my own by mixing a little bit of Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce into TJ Asian dipping sauce. I think the result is actually better than the dumplings you get at P.F. Chang. Only eight minutes to prepare, and you don't have to wait for the server to introduce himself or herself then hear for the zillionth time the spiel about the special sauce they're mixing up for you. Bless their hearts, as they say down here.

No comments: