Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dollar Store and Internet: The Perfect Marriage


Still in recovery from Noro virus contracted on what will be my final cruise ship experience, all I feel like doing is web surfing and fiddling around with not-too challenging crafty ideas.
This blogger's instructions for paper napkin flowers are a gem. Easy peasy, fun, cheap, and effective. A spectacular giant-sized flower made in minutes from four two-ply paper napkins from the Dollar Tree, along with a twist tie from the kitchen junk drawer. And, since becoming enamored with magnolias since moving to Georgia a few years ago, I can hardly wait to try making her gorgeous paper magnolias for -- I dunno -- a ladies' luncheon centerpiece. I'll find something. Here's the link to her tutorial and photos: http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-wallflowers.html

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you liked the wrapping paper bows. They really aren't that difficult. Good luck!

By the way, I see that you live near Atlanta. My daughter and her husband just moved to Midtown this summer.

Happy Holidays!