Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shopping finds



I love Dollar Tree. This week's find was some really classy looking glass mugs that are perfect for soup-and-sandwich night, when a bowl of soup is too much. Tonight it was leftover Turkish Spinach and Lentil Soup, one of the first vegetarian recipes I ever made, from the Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. We've strayed from 20-plus years of veggie ways, however, so tonight this healthy soup was paired with a not-so-healthy grilled kielbassa sandwich.
Last week's shopping find was at a gem and mineral show, a free-admission event I go to when it comes to town two or three times a year. I bought these lovely to use as coasters -- at only $4 per polished slice. It was fun poring through the display, looking for four that are of similar size and color. At the next show, maybe I'll find four more. And a set for my son, who shares my love of natural things.

1 comment:

philip kotler said...

We was going to produce 8 just like inside the original structure but when charting available silhouette chart, this really needs to be a simple, quickly identifiable target.
The best uk site afghan cookbook