Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A snowflake afghan




Having been a smoker for 30 years of my life, I have trouble not having anything to fiddle with while watching TV, so I crochet. Mostly, I make afghans, sometimes women's scarves, sometimes babies' and kids' hats. Snowflake shapes are -- to me, as to most folks -- endlessly fascinating, and crocheted ones are no less fun for me, so I finally made this afghan just for the heck of it. I don't know who will be the recipient. It may wind up as a gift, or it may go -- as most of my afghans do -- to a wonderful organization called Project Linus, which every year donates thousands of handmade afghans, quilts, and blankets to ill and traumatized kids of all ages. Anyhow, this afghan came from a free pattern on the Web, and my thanks go to the very creative, unknown person who created the design. The pattern is here: http://www.artoftangle.com/snowflake.htm


3 comments:

kc said...

As a former smoker and current crocheter, I totally "get" this post. I am clicking on the link to the pattern right now. Thanks for mentioning the charity, too, I'll have to look that up as well.

Bev said...

I too am an ex smoker. I won't say how long I smoked but It was a long long time. I just started this afghan a couple of days ago and can't wait to see it finished. BTW yours turned out beautiful. Bev

Bev said...

I too am an ex smoker. I won't say how long I smoked but It was a long long time. I just started this afghan a couple of days ago and can't wait to see it finished. BTW yours turned out beautiful. Bev